Pages

Sunday 23 August 2015

I O U

I owe you blog posts. It's just that weve been busy not only doing travel things, but general life things, like working and commuting and making dinner and trying to find a place to live more permanently. Then catching flights.



Currently we are in Luxembourg - on a boat cruise on the Moselle river as I write this, though I'll have to post it later in the hotel when I have teh internetz. Luxembourg is in one side of the river, Germany the other. Its a sunny day. We are in wine country.

We have been to Kent, and seen Roman villa remains and birds of prey and a castle.

We went to a Greek play in Islington.

I went to the MacKenzie Highland Games in Stathpeffer with my grandmother - every five years they have an international gathering, and this year there were 13 from NZ. It was fantastic to be in Scotland again, and to go to a new part of it with some of my history. And, of course, to see the tree planted for my grandfather on the castle grounds.

I have been fighting tube strikes by working from home where possible. I have been reading lots of books.

We went to Cologne in Germany last Saturday, exploring that city and taking day trips to Bonn and Aachen. We took the train to Luxembourg on Friday morning. And now it is time to continue looking around - mostly, at the moment, at rows of vines going up Luxembourgish hills and across German flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment