Pages

Saturday 11 July 2015

David Gray weather

It's David Gray sort of weather. David Gray is perfect for these days - hot, breeze blowing, walking along the canal with brown leaves scattered on the sidewalk even as the trees send out more and more green, parks and streets that feel familiar as the same time they are new. It's perfect for walking in the sun as a stranger.

Not all his songs of course - there are a few that don't quite fit the mood. But songs like "Tidal Wave," "Real Love," "Tidal Wave," "From Here You Can Almost See the Sea," and my all-time favourite, "Please Forgive Me."



I listened to a lot of David Gray when I was at Uni - White Ladder, A Century Ends, A New Day at Midnight, Lost Songs. And White Ladder is of course still one of my favourite albums of all time. Some of it is quite strongly linked to a time/feeling/personal zeitgeist, but listening to it over here has a new flavour. I enjoy it. And perhaps it's my history with the music that adds to its appropriateness.

So listen to David Gray - you know you want to - and look at some of my instagram pictures. Some of them are not high quality - I need a new phone. But that's the authentic joys of instagram, right?














No comments:

Post a Comment